Monday, November 1, 2010
Jerry Brown is running for the office of governor of California against Meg Whitman who has dug up an old interview Brown did on CNN fifteen years ago, some years after his first stint as governor. In a fit of candor uncharacteristic of politicians Mr. Brown admits that his whole campaign for the office was a tissue of lies. Whitman is now clobbering him with it: If this video costs Brown the election it will certainly be a lesson for politicians: Under no circumstances should you ever tell the truth. On the other hand, that's a lesson they seem not to need to be taught.
at 10:20 PM
Tomorrow is the big day, the day that political junkies have been looking forward to for a long time - the midterm elections. In the spirit of bipartisanship I herewith offer five reasons to cast your vote for the Democrats when you go to the polls:
Remember to vote.
- You think the government lets you keep too much of your paycheck.
- You'd rather not have to work for a paycheck.
- You think the best way to create jobs is to create more government bureaucracies.
- You believe the best way to solve our immigration problem is to enact the same economic policies here that the immigrants are fleeing from.
- You think the best way to gain independence from foreign oil suppliers is to build windmills.
at 5:19 PM