My reading this year was broadened by my participation in a book club that consists of a group of eight men whose ages range from late twenties to early sixties. Such a group is bound to represent a diversity of reading interests and tastes, and so I found myself reading works I probably never would have picked up on my own (and some I probably wouldn't pick up again).
At any rate, here's a list of books that I managed to complete in 2009. I list them without giving an evaluation because I don't like to give a blanket recommendation of books. Even more than movies, a book requires a considerable investment in time and effort, and more than with films, I think, the reader usually has to have an interest in the topic to find a book worthwhile. This is especially so if the book is non-fiction, as are many of the entries on this list.
So here without comment is my reading list for 2009:
- In Hovering Flight - Joyce Hinnefeld
- Faith and Culture Devotional - Kullberg and Arrington, eds.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns - Kaled Hosseini
- Quantum Enigma - Rosenbloom and Kuttner
- The Showdown - Ted Dekker
- Celebrate Liberty - Dan Burton
- Ten Big Lies about America - Michael Medved
- Divine Hiddenness - Howard-Snyder and Moser, eds.
- 1984 (reread) - George Orwell
- Reasonable Faith - Wm. Lane Craig
- Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
- Rules for Radicals - Saul Alinsky
- Unchristian - Kinnaman and Lyons
- Signature in the Cell - Stephen Meyer
- Galileo Goes to Jail - Ronald Numbers, ed
- God, Reason, and Theistic Proofs - Stephen Davis
- Faust (Pt. I) - Goethe
- Seeking God in Science - Brad Monton
- Indefensible - David Feige
- Creation Regained - Al Wolters
- Atheist Delusions - David B. Hart
- Agents Under Fire (reread) - Angus Menuge
- End of Secularism - Hunter Baker
- The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
- C.S. Lewis' Dangerous Idea (reread) - Victor Reppert
- Dead Aid - Dambisa Moyo
- How We Decide - Jonah Lerner
- Letter Concerning Toleration - John Locke
- Bondage of the Will - Martin Luther
If you watched a movie or read a book that you found particularly good this past year write and tell us about it.RLC