Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Booklist

My reading this year was broadened by my participation in a book club that consists of a group of eight men whose ages range from late twenties to early sixties. Such a group is bound to represent a diversity of reading interests and tastes, and so I found myself reading works I probably never would have picked up on my own (and some I probably wouldn't pick up again).

At any rate, here's a list of books that I managed to complete in 2009. I list them without giving an evaluation because I don't like to give a blanket recommendation of books. Even more than movies, a book requires a considerable investment in time and effort, and more than with films, I think, the reader usually has to have an interest in the topic to find a book worthwhile. This is especially so if the book is non-fiction, as are many of the entries on this list.

So here without comment is my reading list for 2009:

  • In Hovering Flight - Joyce Hinnefeld
  • Faith and Culture Devotional - Kullberg and Arrington, eds.
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns - Kaled Hosseini
  • Quantum Enigma - Rosenbloom and Kuttner
  • The Showdown - Ted Dekker
  • Celebrate Liberty - Dan Burton
  • Ten Big Lies about America - Michael Medved
  • Divine Hiddenness - Howard-Snyder and Moser, eds.
  • 1984 (reread) - George Orwell
  • Reasonable Faith - Wm. Lane Craig
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Rules for Radicals - Saul Alinsky
  • Unchristian - Kinnaman and Lyons
  • Signature in the Cell - Stephen Meyer
  • Galileo Goes to Jail - Ronald Numbers, ed
  • God, Reason, and Theistic Proofs - Stephen Davis
  • Faust (Pt. I) - Goethe
  • Seeking God in Science - Brad Monton
  • Indefensible - David Feige
  • Creation Regained - Al Wolters
  • Atheist Delusions - David B. Hart
  • Agents Under Fire (reread) - Angus Menuge
  • End of Secularism - Hunter Baker
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • C.S. Lewis' Dangerous Idea (reread) - Victor Reppert
  • Dead Aid - Dambisa Moyo
  • How We Decide - Jonah Lerner
  • Letter Concerning Toleration - John Locke
  • Bondage of the Will - Martin Luther

If you watched a movie or read a book that you found particularly good this past year write and tell us about it.

RLC