Consider just a few of the bloopers the President, whom we're told possesses a towering intellect, has produced over the last few years:
- At a military service he pronounced corpsman as corpse man.
- When speaking in Hawaii he referred to the island state in which he spent much of his youth as being in Asia.
- When trying to make the case for government-run health care he said that UPS and FedEx, two private enterprises, are doing just fine, but the Post Office, which is subject to government oversight, is "always having problems" thus undercutting his own argument.
- In a Memorial Day speech he said, "as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."
- He also once claimed that a Kansas tornado which took twelve lives had actually killed ten thousand people: "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed."
- Most recently he declared Charleston, Norfolk and Savannah to be Gulf Coast ports.
Rush Limbaugh, from whose site the video was borrowed, put it this way:
“[President Obama] has committed far more gaffes than George Bush and Sarah Palin combined....Folks, you let that be George W. Bush, you let that be Ronald Reagan, and the stories today are, ‘Is Alzheimer’s setting in? Do we have dementia?’ I’m not kidding. They would have psychiatrists and psychologists on TV, and they would be analyzing this, and they’d be looking for any indication that a declining mental capacity is taking place.”Anyway, I'm looking forward to a similar montage of the wit and wisdom of our Vice-President. It should be even more entertaining.