Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Lost Liberty

Logan Clements is evidently quite serious about his proposal to have the Selectmen of Weare, NH seize the home of Justice David Souter and award it to him for the construction of the Lost Liberty Hotel. We think this is a fine idea, but Clements needs help. Below is an excerpt from his newsletter:

Thank you for contacting me about the Lost Liberty Hotel project whereby we plan to build a hotel on the property currently owned by Supreme Court Justice David Souter. Some of your comments inspired me and others made me laugh so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. I regret that I'm not able to respond to each of you individually, but please understand that with about 6,000 inbound e-mail and voicemail messages, I'm overwhelmed. To help me hire some staff please click the "YES, I want to help button" to the right".

Toward freedom, Logan Darrow Clements

P.S. I highly recommend you read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand, as the characters in the book devise a creative way to regain their lost liberty (and it is also a great mystery novel).

SEEKING HOTEL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY

To increase the chance that The Lost Liberty Hotel is actually built, we intend to hand over the development and construction of it to an experienced hotel development company. We are already talking with several companies but would like to hear from others. If your company fits the bill (or you know one that does) please contact me using the link below. Please put "Hotel Builder" in the subject line.

MORE WAYS WE CAN WIN

If the Board of Selectmen in the Town of Weare doesn't vote in favor of our proposal, we have received word that several citizens are drafting ballot initiatives, that would bypass the Board and accomplish the same end.

However, before we officially make a proposal to the Board, we want to have a hotel development company leading the project with all the necessary documentation in hand (architectural drawings, statistics to show economic viability, proof of financial means, etc). Several journalists have incorrectly implied that I have already made this proposal. Not true. I simply sent a fax asking the Town what the proper procedure is for making such a proposal.

TV APPEARANCE ON TUESDAY 7/12

I am scheduled to appear on a national cable television channel on Tuesday, July 12 in the afternoon. Since these appearances are sometimes cancelled at the last minute I'm withholding the specific details for now. Please visit the link below on Tuesday 7/12 after 1pm Pacific Time to find out the channel, show and time of my appearance.

A MOVIE AND A WEEKLY TV SHOW !

The reason I started Freestar Media is to make a "pilot movie" and produce a weekly TV newsmagazine (like "20/20" or "60 Minutes") for national syndication. The TV show will expose outrageous government abuses around the world and highlight individuals taking a stand against them.

Unfortunately current laws may prohibit me from telling you that we are seeking financing for stage two of our business plan (making a movie). I wish I could tell you that Freestar Media seeks four $75K accredited investors, but that might be illegal so I'll have to keep it a secret for now. It's too bad that raising start-up capital is almost illegal in a nation that is supposed to be capitalist. Perhaps I should do a show on that!

Go here for Clements' web page and links to how you can help see the project come to fruition.