Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Back Home

My family and I are back from a five day visit to the marvelous city of Rome, and I'm trying to get caught up on what's been happening in the world while I was gone. I scarcely glanced at a newspaper in the past week.

I want to thank Bill for posting on Viewpoint a number of pieces that I had prepared before leaving and for adding a couple of his own.

I haven't been in every major European capital, but I can't imagine a city more beautiful, more full of art, architecture, history and charm than Rome. Perhaps London comes as close as any other city I've ever been in (I've never been to Paris). Tomorrow, when our luggage is supposed to arrive (having been loaded onto the wrong plane at JFK), I hope to share a couple of photos and some reflections on our trip.