Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Doing My Part

I went to Chick-fil-A today to do my part for free speech and traditional marriage. The nearest franchise to my home is about twenty minutes away, and I had never eaten there before. When I got there about 11:00 they were busy, but I got waited on almost right away. I placed my order, waited a couple of minutes to get my sandwich and drink, turned around to leave and the line stretched about thirty yards behind me down the mall. People were pouring in. I'll be surprised if the restaurant didn't run out of food. I understand it was like this all across the country today.

So what's it all mean? Well, at least this: People are getting tired of being told by liberal Democrats what's right and what's not. They're tired of being told that they have to not only tolerate gay marriage, but that they have to embrace it, and they dare not speak out in opposition to it.

Average people, the "silent majority," is fed up with the liberal thought police and political correctness, and when they have a chance to show their displeasure and stick their thumb in the eye of our political ayatollahs, they'll do it.

I also learned that Chick-fil-A makes a very tasty sandwich, and I think I'm going to go back.